Happy Festive Season, comes with all goodies and savories.This recipe is mostly followed in Maharashtra and is made during Diwali. I was running out of time and wanted to dedicate this sweet to all those celebrating Diwali. Made a quickie with rawa and besan and coconut, two ladoos at one go 😉 Here is a simple recipe which can be followed:-
3/4 cup sooji/ rawa
1/4 cup gram flour (besan)
1/4 cup dessicated coconut
1 tablespoon coarsely ground cashew
1/4 tsp cardamon powder (roast the cardamons lightly and powder with a pinch of sugar)
6 tablespoon ghee
1/4 cup hot milk
1 cup unrefined sugar
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup desicated coconut
- For gram flour mixture – Roast the gram flour, coconut, and cashew, cardamon pods in 2.5 tablespoon of ghee till light brown
- Roast the rawa in 2.5 tablespoon of ghee for 10 minutes.
- Combine both the gramflour mixture and rawa with the hot milk.
- Make a sugar syrup with 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water till it turns into a thick syrup in about 7 minutes.
- Add the gram flour, coconut, cashew mixture and rawa in the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes, bind into medium sized ladoos.
Its nice to make the ladoos while still hot, apply little ghee on your palms and you are good to go. If it cools down heat it for 2 minutes combine and make ladoos.