This is a neer dosa with greens. Greens are available this season, add them in your dosas, idlis, rice fresh is best. Popeye loves his greens too. This winters ample fresh greens available one can make dosas with greens.
1 cup idli rice
1 cup dosa rice
1 tbsp coconut (optional)
1/2 -1 cup fresh fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi
Water for soaking (1 cm above the level of rice)
- Soak the rice overnight in one container, 1 cm above the level of rice.
- Next morning grind fine, with the water till it appears to be a milk like consistency.
- Heat a non stick pan/ iron griddle and grease the pan with the help of onion and oil .
- Once hot, just add one drop of batter if it sizzles it is good to go. Take 1/4 cup of the batter and pour from the side of the pan towards the centre
- Hold the handle and spread the batter all over in a circular motion.
- Cover with a lid and after 2-3 minutes, you will notice the dosa leave the sides on the pan.
- Remove over a wooden plate, as shown in the figure. This prevents the dosa from sticking.
- Enjoy with chutney or chana gravy.
For chutney – Take 4 tbsps coconut, few sprigs of coriander leaves depending on the colour you want, 1 sprig of curry leaves, 1 chilly, 1/2 inch ginger, small piece of tamarind, sugar (optional) and salt. Tempering (Tadka) with – Oil, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
You can check Cucumber dosa for pictorial recipe on how to make neer dosa.