Pani Poori has become a regular fare at our place, thanks to it being homemade right from pooris to the tangy water. Golgappas in Bengal/ Pani Poori in North, it is a ladies delight and one mouthful will bring a smile to anyone. My humble attempt at the dish which is very famous all over the world. The ingredients are:-
1 cup sooji
1 tablespoon rice flour
Water to bind
A pinch of baking powder (optional)
1/2 bunch pudina/ mint leaves
1 tsp fennel seeds ground
1 green chilly
1 red chilly
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tbsp Black salt
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1 inch ginger
1 tbsp raisin
1 litre water
For meetha paani/ tamrind chutney
1 cup dates
1/2 cup tamarind
Potato moong mix
2-3 medium potatoes
1 small cup sprouted moong (boiled)
Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala a pinch
Salt to taste
- Potato mix – Boil all the ingredients in the same cooker, insert the moong in a bowl and place in the cooker. Mash it an add all the spices and keep aside
- For poori – Combine all the ingredients and knead to a firm dough for about 20-30 minutes. Roll medium thick rotis/ chappatis and cut with a round cutter. Heat oil in a kadhai for frying and press in the oil one side to fluff up.
- For Meetha paani – Boil all the ingredients together after deseeding the dates and mash with a spoon.
- For theeka paani – Grind all the ingredients for paani, and the powders can be added separately. Lastly at 2-3 tbsps of meetha paani/ sweet chutney given above to the water alongwith the ground ingredients
Sprouts are a great way to keep you satiated during the summers. If the climate is getting humid, indulge in sprouts they not only keep you satiated but also are filling when done in a number of dishes like salads, rice, gravies. Follow this four step method for your sprouts
1. Wash the legume well, I have used green moong. Soak in for 5-6 hours till it fluffs and is tender
2. Drain the water completely
3. Cover it with a muslin cloth and keep in a closet or a warm area.
4. After about 18 hours you will see the sprouts coming out. This is perfect to be used in any dish.
All the best. Your sprouts are ready for use and can be used for any of your dishes. You can boil the excess with salt and keep in the fridge for daily use.
Advantages of sprouts:-
- It is the best form of protein.
- Great to used during pregnancy for baby weight
- It is the most fastest and soluble form of food.
- It helps to control weight if eaten moderately once a day.
- It is wholesome and therefore the best food.
If you like what we do and post, do hit a like @HeartsToWin for more update and follow.
We are open to any queries you may want to post pertaining to Health, Food and Nutrition.
Stay Fit, Stay Healthy.