Mornings when I wake usually its a rush with tiffin and breakfast. The only day I feel very happy is when I make idlis and dosas. You can go on for 2 – 3 days easily. With no preparations at hand all you can do is make a nice Vegetable Sooji Dosa (I have used broken samba wheat rawa not the fine variety), this is slightly coarse but very filling.
1 cup samba rawa
1 tbsp rice flour
1/4 cup curd
1/4 cup paneer (if not curd would do, you can add what you have)
1/2 grated carrot
1 tsp grated beetroot
Few sprigs of corriander
1 cup water to mix
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp chilli powder/ small cut chilli
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1. Roast the samba rawa, rice flour and add curd, paneer, salt and water and mix well and set aside for 15-20 minutes. You can make this overnight and keep too.
2. In the meanwhile in a pan in a little oil fry the vegetables onion, carrot, beetroot once fried after 5 minutes add the corriander, seasonings and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the mixture to the rawa mixture and mix well.
4. Grease a non stick pan, and spread a mixture like shown in picture. Keep a lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Turn to the other side, and let it cook on moderate high flame till brownish.
6. Once again turn to the front side and let it turn brownish.
7. Remove and serve hot with chutney/ sauce of your choice.
Do make and let us know your feedback. Thank you.