Ever wondered of a natural blood enhancer drink to up your hemoglobin, which could be as easy to make and healthy too. This is a perfect drink had early in the morning or towards mid day.
Advantages of having this soup/drink daily are:-
1. It is good for skin, with very good chances of increasing your hemoglobin levels.
2. Good in pregnancy too.
Just add lime to seal the iron. I usually have amla juice in the morning and this soup mid afternoon. Carrot rose I just tried for the first time.
1 large beetroot
2 medium carrots
1 bunch spinach
2 red dates/ dry dates (whatever available)
1/2 bottle gourd
1. Boil spinach, carrot, beetroot, 1/2 white gourd in 6 cups water upto two whistles .
2. Grind into a paste without soup water with dates added.
3. Mix with soup water and store in the fridge.
4. You can add salt and about few drops of lime juice and have on empty stomach.
5. Have it hold or cold it sure tastes good.
Do make it and post your feedback. Thanks for stopping by.
I like how mushroom and oats blend well together to create a very healthy soup when you are on the run, or just want to serve to your guests. It is less time consuming and best served warm. Mushroom has ample health benefits like it has good protein content, can be considered as low calorie food, high in minerals like iron, copper, sodium, potassium, phosphorus and calcium.
1 bowl of cream of mushroom soup = 102 calories.
Ingredients – Serves 2
Cooking time – Approx – 10 to 15 minutes
10-12 mushrooms (white variety)
Spring onion (small variety 6 onions cut little below the edge of the leaves, no leaves required)
Butter/ Olive oil – 1 tbsp
1. Take 1 tbsp olive oil/ butter on a nonstick pan.
2. Add the spring ones and part of the leaves.
3. Saute for 3-4 minutes and add the sliced mushrooms.
4. Saute on moderate flame for 5-6 minutes till mushroom is a bit soft.
5. Add 1 bowl of toned milk and 1 tbsp oats.
6. Let it simmer on moderate high.
7. Once it thickens a bit add 1/4 cup water.
8. Remove from the flame and serve hot with garlic toast.
Tips – For low cal version toned milk and olive oil can be used
Thanks for stopping by. Do share your feedback.
Daily beauty regime
Early morning when you wake it is good to have a glass of warm water. Followed by brushing and washing your face. Let the face settle for 5-10 minutes before applying your sunscreen. Let us see the skin types per individual and care to be taken.
Your skin comprises of four types
A perfect balance of Oil and Dryness would fall in normal complexion. While it fairs well, proper routine of washing and application of Sunscreen would help.
This type of skin lacks the essential oils which can be naturally produced. The oil can be maintained either through food intake or by external application of moisturises. This type of skin needs cleansers without Salicyclic acid.
This type of skin is with the T zone starting forhead to nose and then chin being oily. The face can be washed upto 2-3 times depending on the oiliness and weather.
Oily skin is the type of skin which requires more maintenance in summers and less in winters. In winters the skin can be washed upto 2 times. And summers can be more. Usually face washes with Salycyclic acid is recommended or as per physician.
Your daily regime could consist of:-
Wash your face with a mild cleanser during winter months to avoid drying upto 2 times i.e. morning and evening.
A sunscreen should be applied on the face till about 5 pm. A sunscreen with the power of SPF 30 should be used.
A lip balm should be applied to avoid drying of lips even when indoor
You can apply kajal in the mornings to give your eyes a defined look daily. There are quite a few products which can be used to enhance your eyes. We shall discuss in our next session.
1. If you have sensitive acne prone skin kindly avoid overuse of scrubs.
2. You may need to consult a doctor and correct your diet reducing dairy, sweets and oily food.
3. Water along with fruits and vegetables is a must.
4. A daily regime of cleansing, toning and moisturising could be beneficial at night.
5. Before applying makeup use a moisturising cream.
6. Exercise like walking, cycling help in overall toning of your body. All minimal house work can help you get back in shape. You can also join a gym for a toned body.
7. You can have a cleanup once a month for oily skin once the acne clears up and for regular skin after 35 years a facial can be done.
Thanks for stopping by.
It so happened that my cousin was looking at including protein into his diet and I had to suggest suitable options so that he gets maximum benefit of the food intake. Chole was something I could think of besides paneer and moong and when combined with cabbage turns into a delectable combination. I had sundal once on a flight and liked the simplicity of the chole in that combination too. Little did I know it works well with cabbage too. I consumed half of the cabbage as salad and remaining half wanted something steamed and crispy so converted into thoran. Here’s an interesting recipe which can be made before hand too.
1/2 medium cabbage (finely sliced)
1/2 cup chole (soaked for 7-8 hours and boiled upto 11-12 whistles)
1 tsp jeera
1/4 cup coconut
1 medium sized onion
1 small green chilly
Above ingredients to be ground once coarsely.
1. Apply salt to the cabbage and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a kadai, add the seasoning ingredients and fry well in coconut oil for 5-10 minutes.
3. Lightly crush and drain the water from the cabbage and add to the seasoning.
4. On moderate high flame fry well the cabbage till light crispy and lastly add the boiled chole and combine well.
1. You can boil the chole the previous day too. I used half of the chole for ragda and preserved the remaining in the fridge.
2. If eating plain a little lime can be squeezed and had as a salad.
Do make it and pin down your feedback. Thanks for stopping by.