I like how mushroom and oats blend well together to create a very healthy soup when you are on the run, or just want to serve to your guests. It is less time consuming and best served warm. Mushroom has ample health benefits like it has good protein content, can be considered as low calorie food, high in minerals like iron, copper, sodium, potassium, phosphorus and calcium.
1 bowl of cream of mushroom soup = 102 calories.
Ingredients – Serves 2
Cooking time – Approx – 10 to 15 minutes
10-12 mushrooms (white variety)
Spring onion (small variety 6 onions cut little below the edge of the leaves, no leaves required)
1 tbsp oats
1 bowl toned milk
1/4 cup water
Butter/ Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Take 1 tbsp olive oil/ butter on a nonstick pan.
2. Add the spring ones and part of the leaves.
3. Saute for 3-4 minutes and add the sliced mushrooms.
4. Saute on moderate flame for 5-6 minutes till mushroom is a bit soft.
5. Add 1 bowl of toned milk and 1 tbsp oats.
6. Let it simmer on moderate high.
7. Once it thickens a bit add 1/4 cup water.
8. Remove from the flame and serve hot with garlic toast.
Tips – For low cal version toned milk and olive oil can be used
Thanks for stopping by. Do share your feedback.