This is a stir fry Peas Coriander Rice which can be had with any gravy. Peas is a good source of protein. This is an instant hit amongst kids. Use jeera rice not basmati rice for a better taste.
1 cup Jeera Rice
2 cups water
1 tbsp ghee
Whole garam masala – Cloves (3-4) , Star (1 pc), Tej pata – 2 leaves
Boiled peas 1/4 cup
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Jaggery a pinch (Optional)
Salt to taste
Coriander few leaves
1. Wash and boil the jeera rice and pressure cook upto 2-3 whistles and separate with a fork.
2. In a nonstick pan take a tsp ghee and add the whole garam masala, boiled peas
3. Add the rice, salt, jaggery and stir once.
4. Garnish with coriander leaves
Reminds me of Popeye. Get a tin full of Spinach in. Best part is your children wont know it too. Personally I was a little bored of the usual palak paneer combination. I had all the required ingredients at hand. This goes very well with any Chinese dry dish (read Baby Corn Chilly/ Gobi Manchurian/ raita)
Preparation – 20 minutes
Serves – 5-6 persons
Soaking time – 20-30 minutes
2 cups basmati rice
1 1/2 cup spinach / palak
1/4 bunch coriander leaves
1/2 cup french beans
1/2 cup paneer (slightly shallow fried/ sauteed)
2 green chillies
1 tsp. garam masala powder
1 tsp. chilly powder
Few whole spices (Cardamom, Cloves, Cinnamon)
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp. coconut
2 tbsp. Oil
4 cups hot water
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice for half an hour.
- Grind spinach, coriander leaves, coconut and chillies into a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of oil and add cumin seeds,chopped onion, tomato & ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute. Then add whole spices and stir well.
- Now Add the masala, chilly powder,garama masala powder and mix well. Add the beans and cook for a while.
- Add the Strained rice and stir gently. Later add the boiling water and cover with the lid and let the rice cook on medium flame.
- When rice is half done add paneer. Add Salt as per taste.
- Cook the rice till done and garnish with fried onions and serve with vegetable raita.